1 (15oz) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup tahini
2 Tbsp Cosimano & Ferrari Olive Oil: Garlic, Meyer Lemon or Basil
1/2 to 1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2-3 Tbsp water
Dash of ground paprika and additional olive oil for serving
As you add ingredients to your food processor, process each step for about 30 seconds and be sure to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl and process for an additional 30 seconds. Repeat this for each step to ensure you are blending evenly.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice.
- Add 2 Tbsps of your choice of flavored olive oil.
- Add the cumin and the salt.
- Open can of chickpeas, drain liquid into a separate bowl. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor then process for 1 minute.
- Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have grainy bits of chickpea. To fix this, turn on the food processor and slowly add the reserved liquid from the chickpeas gradually.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl then drizzle about 1 Tbsp of additional olive oil over the top and sprinkle with a dash of paprika.
Garnish and serve!